Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

TLC497 Welcome Baby


Hello everyone!!! Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday. We had a dinner at the church today so I made a hash brown casserole to take....I always eat too much but the food is always sooo good...we have a lot of really good cooks in our little church!! I did come home to a mess, though....there wasn't enough time this morning to clean the kitchen after cooking the casserole so I did it when I got home...I can't believe the good fairy didn't clean up the mess for me. She must not work on Sundays....Anyway....

It's my turn to host the Technique Challenge on Splitcoast and this week I have a fun one for you called *Curve the Sentiment*. 

Here are the deets:

1. Select a long and thin sentiment stamp (one that uses an acrylic block) that will be bendable.
2. Place it on the acrylic block and curve the ends down to create an arch.
3. Make sure it will go around your image.
4. You may have to stamp it a few times on scrap paper to make sure the curve is correct.
5. You can stamp the sentiment on one side of the image, on both sides,  or use several sentiments to go around the image....be creative and have fun!!!



My card features the adorable elephant mom and baby from the Paper Smooches A Little Lovin set. The image was colored with Copics and the sentiment was created using the *Curve the Sentiment* technique. Enamel dots,  rick rack diecut, Stampin Up! papers, sewing, and the twine finish it off. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can join us for this weeks TLC challenge!!!


6 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this precious and unique baby card design, Joan! So sweet!

Anne Temple said...

This is such a sweet baby card. Love the challenge too - very creaive.

jimlynn said...

Ahhhh......such a sweet and pretty baby card! Love that cute little image.
I don't think the good fairy works on Sunday or any other day of the week around here!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Precious baby card and beautifully colored! Love the enamel dots and pretty paper you used!

VanessaB said...

aw. that is so sweet!! :)

Maria said...

Adorable baby card! Those elephants are too sweet!