Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Color Throwdown Challenge #306



Hello everyone!! How are you on this wonderful Wednesday morning?? We have been canning tomatoes....I'm beginning to think it would be easier to buy them at the store but I don't dare tell my hubs!! Gardening keeps him from going to bars and chasing wild women so I guess I'll keep on canning....LOL!!!! Anyway, it's time for this weeks Color Throwdown Challenge and Cindy has chosen a beautiful color combo!!! I never would have thought to use these colors together...I will be using them again, for sure!!!!


My card features the You are Wonderful stamp set from Taylored Expressions....the image and sentiment were stamped with Night of Navy and colored with Copics ( I clear embossed the Night of Navy ink so it wouldn't smear the Copics). 



The enamel dots are the only embellies. I didn't have any plum or navy dots so I colored some white ones with Copics...love it when a plan comes together!!!

Remember, you don't have to use the exact colors.....use what you have as long as they are close to the challenge colors and be sure to add CTD306 to the keywords section when you upload your cards to an online gallery so we can find your creations!!

You will find all the challenge details on the Color Throwdown Blog. 


Check out what the Color Throwdown DT has created for you today!!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Joan Ervin - Stamping With a Passion - that's me!!
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Color
Cindy Lawrence - The Creative Closet
Lori Tecler - Inking a Loud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Vickie Zimmer - Smitten With All Things Stamping
Monika Davis - M.A.D Stamper
Jodi Collins - July Guest Designer - Stamping a Latte
Kristy McIntyre- Guest Star Stamper - Purple Place Designs

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!!!!

Supply List:
Taylored Expressions Stamps: You Wonderful Thing
Paper: Choice Snow White (TE), Night of Navy (SU)
Ink: Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger), Markers (Copics), Enamel Dots (Doodlebug), Corner Rounder Punch (SU)



12 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Wow, I wouldn't have thought to use that combo either but I love your creation. What a fun image.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous.. i love that image..

*Vicki* said...

The colors look beautiful on your design here Joan!! Simply beautiful card! HUGS :)

jimlynn said...

Now I realize why I've been canning and gardening all this time! LOL!
SO cute and pretty Joan! Love it.
Lynn

Tammy said...

I love, love your card! Gorgeous coloring!

Jodi Collins said...

This is DARLING Joan! LOVING the stamps you used and your coloring is perfection!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Joan. Love the elegant peacock image and the coloring. The candy dots look awesome.

Becky said...

What a beautiful card and beautiful image.

Mickey Jo said...

I love these colors together and of course had to pin it on my color board on pinterest.

Barbara said...

That image is so cute, Joan!! Sweet CAS card!

Maria said...

Such a pretty colored image with wonderful sentiment!

Vickie Z said...

Love this image and sentiment!! Fabulous coloring!! Ha....we canned salsa and jalapeƱos a while back....First time canning for my oldest...wanted to encourage, but, Bill calculated costs...what a bean counter... Had to tell him next year we would break even or be ahead :)