Hello everyone!! It's my turn to host the TLC challenge on Splitcoast and I have a fun one for you!! There are a lot of new block image stamps out there but most of us don't have the money to buy all the ones we want. So, why don't we make our own...my challenge to you is to make a *faux block image*. Here are the deets:
1. Chose a stamp that has an image that will fill the space you need for your design.
2. Mask off the desired size area you want your stamped image
3. Stamp the image and color
4. Remove the masking tape. Using a ruler, draw a frame around your image using a journaling pen, the small end of a SU, TH, or any other marker with a thin tipped end.
or you can cheat like I did....
1. Mask off the desired size area on a scratch piece of card stock
2. Stamp your image and color
3. Remove the masking tape and crop your image
4. Adhere the image to your card base.
5. Draw around the image with your pen or marker.
My card features a stamp from a retired 2005 Stampin Up set called Along the Shore. It was stamped on white card stock that was masked and colored with Copics. The masking tape was removed and the image was cutout and adhered to the white background that was spattered with Pool Party ink. A journaling pen was used to draw a frame line around the image. The sentiment stamp is from Waltzingmouse and the Baker's Twine is the finishing touch. This is also for Fee's DTGD challenge on Splitcoast...this was a fun one!!
Thanks for stopping by.....I hope you can join us for this weeks Technique Lover's Challenge!!!