Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's a Boy!


Hello everyone...hope all is well with you!! My mother was in the hospital again this weekend so we are a little discombobbled  around here!! My grands were still here and then a friend from out of town came to visit  so needless to say...I haven't even thought about stamping, blogging, or the computer!! All is well with Mom...she is doing much better, the grands are safe at home and George, my friend, Patsy, and I went out to eat ...life is good!!!!! Anyway..... it's my turn again to host the TLC challenge on Splitcoast and I have a fun, trendy challenge for you today!!! We are going to make sun rays!!! You can use up your paper scraps and use any design you want....how fun is that !!!

To make the rays you:
1. Pick out your papers...you can use patterned paper or cardstock. You can also stamp or emboss it for a little texture.
2. Cut the strips at an angle, wider at one end and thinner or to a point at the other end.
3. Adhere the rays to the background cardstock or patterned paper...you can add a sun or use a stamp as the center image. I have seen the rays used as a flash for a camera and also as a background for a beach scene. I also saw the cutest card using white rays over a white sky with white snowflakes for a winter scene.
4. You can even use sun ray dies if you have them
5. Be creative and have fun!!!

My card features the cute little airplane stamp from Rubbernecker and the sentiment was created with a hand drawn banner and sentiment stamps from Rubbernecker. Various Bo Bunny and My Minds Eye papers were used for the rays, sun, and hills. Sewing was done around the hills and sun and the background is Bashful Blue card stock. The Twinery twine and a button finish it off.

I have a few pictures of our new baby, Chestnut. She is a 15 month old Quarter Horse that we adopted a week ago. She is so sweet and gentle and our Sundance has taken over as her Mom!!! Midnight won't have anything to do with her...Midnight is the dominate horse so she is being a bit testy about the new girl on the block!!!







Thanks for stopping by today...have a good one!!!!

19 comments:

Karen said...

Love your card! Very creative! Your horses are beautiful too! : )

Дарья Преснякова-Лещенко said...

Wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy said...

I am so happy to see pictures of your horses! How fabulous for you to be able to have them, each are beautiful! Love you sweet card, the different papers makes for added interest! Great card!

Sasha said...

Love your gorgeous card, Joan. The idea of the plane flying across the sky with the announcement is so fun.

Glad to hear that your Mom is much better.

It's lovely to see your pictures of Chestnut and Sundance they look so happy and content together in those beautiful surroundings, Joan x

McCrafty's Cards said...

The card is wonderful Joan, I like the design, but your new horse is a stunner.
Kevin xx

Kathy and Lucky said...

Being a horse lover, I have to start there, Chestnut is gorgeous, such a beautiful horse and how sweet of Sundance to help out. Love your pics, I can see those framed ;) Love the card and how you did the sun rays, great card. TFS

Anne Temple said...

Love those bright colors and such a fun idea. Your horses are gorgeous too.

VanessaB said...

amazing fun card! looooove it so much! your Chestnut is beautiful!

Annette Allen said...

I am so in love with this card...what an amazing card...I love the design and that air plane is awesome..

Chestnut is so gorgeous...congrats on adopting her..

Tenia Nelson said...

Wonderful card and glad that your Mom is doing better!!

Shari said...

Beautiful horses Joan! Love the card too! I'll see what I can come up with for rays for that challenge.

Mary Marsh said...

this was such a fun challenge Joan and I love your sample-beautiful horses by the way

jimlynn said...

What a sunny and beautiful card! LOVE those sun rays on here Joan. So pretty.

Great photos of the horses too!

Lynn

Dawn Easton said...

Love this card, Joan! The rays of sunshine and the rolling hills...perfect! Fabulous pictures too! Makes me really miss having a horse!

Becky said...

Joan, I am so sorry to hear about your mother, I do pray she gets better soon.
I just love your card, love how you did the sun rays, and what a beautiful horse. I love horses and used to ride, but I have not been on one for almost 20 years.
You try and have a good 4th :)

Ellen Taylor said...

Glad to hear your Mom is better Joan! Your horses are absolutely gorgeous!!Thanks for sharing the photos!!
Your card is so creative! Love the way you sewed your sun and hills! Love this card!

Linda said...

Coooool! Fantastic sun.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

that is so adorable, you should submit to loves rubber stamps challenge with this one, looks very close to her sketch

Susie said...

Beautiful horses, Joan. Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your photo's.