Hello everyone!! It's my turn to host this weeks Splitcoast's Technique Lover's Challenge....are you ready to get inky or should I say wet!!! Since it's summer and I'm sure all of you have been or want to go to the beach...let's do a little stay-cation and make our own beach!!!
There are lots of techniques to make water and sand:
1. Tear the paper for the water, curl or rough the edges, and sponge on ink that is a shade darker. You can do the same thing for the sand.
2. Use a wave die
3. Use sand paper for the sand
4. Sponge on the water and sand by masking the layers for a wave effect.
5. Use kraft paper for the sand and actually glue sand to the paper.
6. If all else fails, use stamps....LOL!!!
My card features water made with Pool Party cardstock...it was torn, the edges were ruffled a bit, and sponged with Pool Party ink. The sand was made by tearing the kraft card stock and sponging with Crumb Cake. The shells were all stamped with Crumb Cake and colored with Copics. The charms and twine finish it off. The stamps are all from Rubbernecker.
Thanks for stopping by....we had our church craft sale last Saturday and it was a real success!!! I will post some pictures on Tuesday.