Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Through the Window

Hello everyone...hope you are having a great Monday!!! I stayed up till 2AM this morning making this card (my craft room looks like it was hit by a tornado) so I am running a little slow this morning..or is it afternoon??  Judy (StampingQueenJar) has joined Holly (Toy) and me as a hostess for Splitcoast's  Monday Technique Lover's Challenge...Whoohoo!!! She gave us a wonderful challenge...to create a background that is inspired by Belleek Pottery from Ireland by inking up the negative side of an embossing folder with a neutral ink and embossing either white or vanilla cardstock. This creates the illusion of porcelain....how cool is that!!!!!

This is also for the Embossing and Debossing Challenge on the Moxie Fab World's Blog. The challenge focus is on creative ways to emboss and deboss, where it's all about adding texture and dimension to our paper crafted projects.

I used Vanilla cardstock and Crumb Cake ink to create the background and the bird scene behind the window. The brayer was used to ink up the negative sides of the folders and then the vanilla c/s was placed in the folder and run through the Cuttlebug. Martha Stewart punches were used for the *window box* and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I haven't figured out yet if I am inside looking out at the bird scne with flowers on my window sill or if I'm outside looking in at the birds in my living room with the flowers in the window box....LOL!!!! I think you have to use your imagination on that one!!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Birthday Basics by PTI
Paper: Vanilla, Soft Suede, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Glitz Beautiful Dreamer dp for the flowers
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Embossing folders, Martha Stewart Punches, Spellbinders Sentiment die, Poppy Stamps Window die, Pearls

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!!!!

29 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Stunning card! So elegant and so beautiful!

Michelle L. said...

what a gorgeous card, Joan! That's an intriguing technique.

Sasha said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!! Joan. This is my favourite kind of card...beautiful paper crafting at it's very best!!:)

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wait my jaw is on the floor, let me get it so I can comment. :) Gorgeous!!!! This is so wonderful never thought to use the window this way, of course it would help if I got that die.

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEE Joan this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE your design!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! Absolute stunner, my friend! I think it would fit the challenge at Joan's Gardens too! Thanks for sharing....love this!!!

DJreflections said...

That is just too adorable! love the technique for the window! Wow!

ChristineCreations said...

I think this is lovely Joan! Really soft and subtle, and so pretty with the flower box!

Tammy said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the gorgeous background and the soft colors! Your spray of flowers is perfect.

jimlynn said...

Amazing!!! LOVE that window look with the embossed behind it. So elegant and gorgeous!
Lynn

Brenda said...

Joan this is stunning!! It is so peaceful, elegant and beautiful. TFS

Jodi Collins said...

How GORGEOUS is this!!! What a GORGEOUS card!

Ellen Taylor said...

Now that`s a card worth staying up until 2 am! Beautifully done!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a fabulous card Joan-you really did an awesome job with this technique-I love it!!

Debbie said...

Love the colors, the window and all the embossing. Definitely Stunning!

Bev J. said...

Neat technique. Like your window card-soft and pretty.

Cheri said...

OMGosh, Joan!! This is so worth burning the mid-night oil....late into the morning....Gorgeous and stunning.

Marlena M. said...

It really does look like porcelain-gorgeous work, Joan! ;)

Jami said...

Absolutley GORGEOUS!!!! So glad someone pinned this on Pinterest so I didn't miss it!

Susan said...

Loved this card so much, I hunted down and ordered both the window and flowerbox dies!!I'm sure DH will be ever-so-grateful to you for it!(Insert sarcasm here!) Seriously, though your card is gorgeous!
Susan

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

WOW! What a fun idea! Terrific details...it was worth all the work you put into it!

Unknown said...

LOVED seeing this gorgeous card as a Moxie Fab winner, Joan! It TOTALLY deserves it! :) Hope you are well :)

Julie said...

I so happy for you Joan that you were chosen as a Moxie Fab Winner. Congrats! Truly Inspiring.

Conniecrafter said...

so Gorgeous, such great ways to use the embossing, pretty flowers!

Petti said...

This is just gorgeous!

ednamburgess said...

Outstanding! I love this card. Have all the things to try it and going to do it. Hope it doesn't take as long as you did. But you did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing. Edna

Capescrapper said...

So very pretty! Love it.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!