Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Yummy Round Flowers.....

Good morning everyone.....hope you are having a great Sunday morning!! I have three cards to share that I made this week for different challenges. The first one (yummy) is for Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #148 and  their card drive for the patients at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center. We were to use pink on our cards so I used some pink patterned paper from the Cookbookin Scrapbook Kit called Mom's Diner. The little apron from Taylor's What's Cookin set was paper pieced and the pie and cup are stickers from the same scrapbook kit. The sentiment is also from the What's Cookin set and the ribbons and candy dots finish it off.
Recipe: Stamps: What's Cookin
Paper: White, Black, Cookbookin Scrapbook Kit called Mom's Diner
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Candy Dots, Ribbons, Sticker


Since I didn't have a lot of time at the beginning of the month to participate in the Hope You Can Cling To challenges on Splitcoast, I am playing catch-up!! Here are the challenges I used on my little round, pink, purple, hanging, blingy, girly card!!!
1. HYCCT1101A - Lydias challenge to use pink amimals (I used Rubbernecker's Lemur)
2. HYCCT1101B - Lori's challenge to use pink rhinestones
3. HYCCT1101C - Beate's challenge to make a circle card
4. HYCCT1108 - Wanda's challenge to add a hanging element (my Lemur)
5. HYCCT1109 - Bridget's challenge to use things we see looking up
6. HYCCT1110 - Tammy's challenge to use pink and ribbon with a friendship theme
7. HYCCT1111 - Taylor's challenge to fight like a girl...use all things girly
8. HYCCT1112 - Teresa's challenge to use at least 1 heart
9. HYCCT1116 - Jeccica's challenge to use a pink ribbon
10. HYCCT1118 - Holly's challenge to use purple
Whew...that's a lotta challenges...my brain hurts...LOL!!!!
Recipe: Stamps: Rubbernecker Lemur #569-14, Sentiment #568-16
Paper: White, Lavender Lace, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Ribbon, Button, Lace, Rhinestones, Pink Pearl Hearts, Copics, Nestabilities

This was for the Free 4 All challenge on Splitcoast to make a card with another one of  Dawn's fancy folds called a Triangle Flap Fold and I wanta tell ya....I must have two left hands because I really had to work on this one!!! I had to change a few things but I eventually ended up with the end result. Thanks for the great challenge, Dawn!!! This is also for the Queen for the Day challenge to honor Queen Holly (Hollerinastamps)....she has such a fabulous gallery that it was really hard to pick just one card to case ( I had to fave several cards to case later)!! Holly is such a sweetheart and so deserving to be Queen this week!! I cased Holly's Brave You card...I kept the same paper, colors, and flower design but changed the shape, sentiment stamp, and leaf dies.
Recipe: Stamps: Stampin Up!'s Oval All
Paper: Prism, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Black, Basic Grey's Urban Prairie
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Button, Twine, Spellbinders flower and leaf dies, Rick Rack die, Stampin Up! Punches, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch

Thanks for stopping by...I'm off to get ready for church. Hope you have a super special Sunday and you get to do something fun today!!!!

11 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

All three are FANTASTIC, Joan!

Love that apron on your first card....perfect papers!
Your second card is so sweet! I can't recall the last time I made a circle card. Thanks for the inspiration!
That fancy fold for the Free for All Friday had me stumped too. I only had a few minutes in the morning and knew it couldn't be done....lol So glad you stuck it out because yours came out wonderfully!

agnieszka said...

you make such great cards! amazning ideas, love them!

Unknown said...

Oh, wow!!! Love the first card, I don't really cook, but love the cooking theme. The colors are gorgeous. You've been busy, must have taken forever just to link to the challenges today!

jimlynn said...

All are fabulous.
Love the "ingredients" of that first card - paper, image, and everything else.
You second card is just fun and cute! Really like the shaped card and this image is perfect with it.
The third card - wow....so pretty with that wonderful flower.
As i said - all are great.
Lynn

Patti J said...

These are so pretty, Joan! I think it's a good thing I don't have to choose a favorite! Love them all! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see what you do next :)

Annette Allen said...

great cards... I really really really love that first card.... IT is so cool...

Tammy said...

Wow, wonderful cards Joan! Each one is so very special and sweet. My favorite is the first one, maybe because there is food! Glad to know I'm not the only one with two left hands!

Carole of Brum said...

All very lovely cards, and I have to agree with your other posters that the first one is my favourite too, it's just beautiful and another of your great colour combos. Looks so retro!

Hope you are not too cold, I was amazed how much your temperatures have dropped, I thought we had a cold snap but not as cold as yours and not as big a difference from hot to cold either. In any case, it's warmed up again now to just 'cool' and nice and bright too. Wrap up warm wont you? CoB

Denise Marzec said...

These are pretty and I loooooove how you have the apron strings going around the corner of that die! Toooo cool!

Sasha said...

Three wonderful cards, Joan! I couldn't possibly choose a favourite, as they're all fabulous!:)

Shirley said...

What a treat! 3 really beautiful and unique cards! The fold on the last one is wonderful!