Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Using Punches

Good Monday morning everyone!!! We are having a brisk morning here in Central Texas. My DH is mowing the yard before it snows tomorrow. We escaped the last storm...they got 9-10 inched in the Dallas area...yikes!!! I am looking forward to being *snowed in* and forced to stamp all day...Whoohoo!!! Anyway....
I stayed up till 1:30 last night to play in the Technique Lovers Challenge on Splitcoast. Holly challenged us to create a scene with punches....tooo fun!!
I used three different SU circle punches and the SU scalloped circle punch to make the bunny and the SU scalloped circle punch and the MS fern punch for the carrots. The grass was punched out with an EK Success scallop punch. The butterflies were punched with a MS butterfly punch...no creativity there...LOL!! Flower Soft was added to the bunny and the sentiment was from Rubbernecker's Floral Silhouettes set 2 #468. This was sooo much fun...be sure to get out those punches and give it a try!!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Rubbernecker Flower Silhouettes #468
Paper: Old Olive, Prism Iced Azalea, White, Vanilla, October Afternoon's Weathervane Collection
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Three Different Sized SU Circle Punches, SU Scalloped Circle Punch, MS Fern Punch, MS Butterfly Punch , EK Success Scalloped Border Punch, White and Pink Flower Soft


I made this yesterday for the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast..... Judi Rose (JovialJudi) was chosed to be the featured stamper. What a fabulous gallery...it was hard to pick just one of her card to case!!! I finally chose her CC258 Celebrating You card..... I kept the same basic layout but changed the colors, stamps, amd eliminated the scallops. The Clear Dollar Stamps Jungle Fever images illustrated by Wendy Hall were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. The head on the lion was popped up on dimensionals and the ribbon finished it off. This is also for the Saturday Spotlight With Hidden Potential challenge to use distressing.
Recipe:
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Jungle Fever
Paper: White, Old Olive, Imaginisce dp called Wild Things
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Ribbon, Nestabilities, Dimensionals, Copics


Thanks for visiting today.....hope you get to do a little stamping today!!!!


11 comments:

Kimberly S said...

These are super cute! Your pink bunny is just adorable, and I love the layout and fabulous coloring on your jungle card. :)

Rose Ann said...

I totally love your punchy card with your adorable "fuzzy" bunny, Joan!! The papers are perfect as well!!

Your zoo animals are so cute, and I love the dimension you've given those sweet creatures!!

Hope your get snowed in so you can stamp all you want! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Joan, these are both just ADROABLE!! Boy, I sure do love the texture on your bunny! Too cute!! Love those sweet eyes on the cuties from the second card as well!! Beautiful job as always!! HUGS

Anonymous said...

....and of course I thank you for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! :) (I always love your work girl!!)

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness that punched card is so cute. I love it.. Thanks for playing along at Saturday Spotlight Joan.. This is too adorable.

JulieA said...

I love your fluffy bunny! How cute. And your popped up elements on the jungle card are wonderful! I love 'em both!

Fern said...

Joan, you're so funny!! You're not going to get snowed in!! And besides, it doesn't have to snow for you to stamp all day!! lol Anyway I hope you don't get snowed in because I DON'T WANT ANY OF IT DOWN HERE!!!!
Your bunny card is the sweetest!! Love that little pink fluffy bunny and the carrots just perfect!!! Love IT!!
And your little jungle card is adorable!! Love the different layers and the bg paper is perfect!! Super cute cards, gf...
Hey, I have something for you over on my blog, that is if you want it!!! XXX

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, that's TOO funny.... he's mowing before it snows! I WISH we had that problem! LOL

CUTE cards, Joan! Love the bunny and carrots, and the second one with the jungle animals is adorable! The papers you used on it are perfect!

Crystal said...

OMG Joan these are toooo fabulous!!! I LOVE that sweet bunny and those adorable jungle animals!!!! AWESOME these are GREAT!!!

Mary Marsh said...

your pink bunny is sooo cute joan-the flower soft is such a great idea

Jessica G. said...

Adorable cards! I love the touchably soft bunny and the distressing goes perfectly with a jungle theme. Thanks for playing in this week's Spotlight challenge!!