Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I've Been Stampin Up a Storm!!!

Good Saturday Morning everyone!!! I stamped all day Friday trying to finish up some projects. I made this for the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast and the Double Dog Dare Challenge hosted by Anne (jdmommy) a few weeks ago to use a frame. You can find the DDC challenge in the challenge forum on Splitcoat.....#62 post. I colored the adorable little digi bunny named Benjamin from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps with copics and sponged around the image with Bashful Blue and Old Olive. The chipboard frame has been in a drawer for quite a while with out a name so I haven't a clue where it came from!! The paper is new from Basic Grey called Origins and the ribbon, flower, and button finish it off. Now I am only behind by one challenge...Whoohoo!!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Digi from Sweet 'n Sassy
Paper: White, Garden Green, Prism Tawny Dark, Basic Grey's Origins
Ink: Bashful Blue and Old Olive
Accessories: Frame, Ribbon, Copics, Button, Flower, Dimensionals

These are a few of the Valentine gift sets that I made for my Grandkiddos. I used an adorable Demani stamp and a variety of My Minds Eye and K&Co. Valentine papers. I bought the clear plastic boxes and the stamp at the Denami booth at CHA. 10 wrapped nuggets fit in the box and I made belly bands with the same papers. The little tin holds candy hearts.

I made these Valentines today and sent them to Pat Adam...she is asking for Valentines for the kids at Children's Hospital of Michigan. There are roughly 250 kids and they would like enough for each child to have a handful. The deadline is Feb. 8th so if you are interested, check out her blog for details. I used lots of different papers, colors, stamps, stickers, ribbons, and Nesties. Now, I'm all stamped out....time for bed!! Yikes, it's after 1:00 AM.......
Thanks for visiting....have a great weekend!!!



22 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

You GO GIRL!! So many wonderful creations. Your grandkids will love those gift sets and Pat's "kids" will love the Valentines. The first card is so adorable. I love that rich chocolately frame for the cute bunny.

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly girl!! These are just fabulous projects!! I'm sure they will be loved by the kiddos too!! :) Such beautiful details and colors in ALL!! TFS!! Have a great weekend sweetie!!

Crystal said...

AWWW this is soooo adorable!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhhh, that bunny.....DARLING! I totally want to hug him he's so cute. Love the design on that frame too! Gorgeous card, Joan!

Joanne (jojot) said...

how fabulous for your grandkids, the children in the hospital and for YOU.....cuz you had so much fun stamping....fabulous and so kind

Anne Harada said...

Joan you are my stamp hero!! I love the cards you made for the kids in MI!! And I love the wonderful gifts in the clear boxes (that I got too after you showed them to me!!) with the matching cards!! They are adorable!! It was great to see you CA!! What a fun trip!! Did you come back as broke as me??!! Hugs, Anne

Laurie Wilson said...

Wow, WOW! Look at you! You have been a busy lady! These are awesome!

Mary Marsh said...

great cards and projects joan-your grandkids will love them for sure. we had 24" of snow here in Pittsburgh-so I spent the day stamping as well yesterday

Bev J. said...

Love all your neat projects. Neat idea on the Valentine's for Kids. I need to keep that in mind for next year. tfs

Julia Aston said...

Look at you Joan! you are a stamping maniac!!! Love those fun treat boxes - can I be one of your grandkids??!!! you wouldn't notice one more would you!?!?! LOL!!!! and your Valentines for the hospital kids are so lovely! what a wonderful project to help Pat with!

Holly said...

WOW! Now I know what you've been doing! What a busy bee you are! Gorgeous projects, Mom!!!

Steph Zerbe said...

You busy bee you!
SO many fun cards here!! Love the valentine's you sent to the grandkiddos. That chick is so darn cute! Love, love, love the card in the last picture with the butterfly (the one in the middle). Fabulous!!

Dawn Easton said...

ACK! I bought those little boxes at the booth too! Too funny! But I haven't touched mine yet...haha! LOVE what you did though!
You are such an enabler! Remember those cute new stamps you showed me at CHA? I hunted them down and bought THREE sets...that little garden one with the fence is my fave!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Cute project!!I love the colors!!

Ceal said...

wow have you been busy! Great cards I love them all!

Jodi Collins said...

My word! Look at all this fabulousness! LOVE all of these Joan!!!

Broni said...

Wow, you really have been stamping up a storm! Look at you go! That bunny card is beautiful and all of those Valentines are awesome!!

Rose Ann said...

What a sweet bunny card, Joan...and your frame reminds me of chocolate (yum). Fabulous and cute Valentine treats for the kids...and such wonderful cards for Pat's collection!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, my first thought was that that chipboard frame was CHOCOLATE! LOL Very cute card, and appropriate with the bunny image! LOL

LOVE those clear nugget boxes, too!!! Very cute, as are the Valentines for Pat!

Stacy Morgan said...

That bunny is so stinkin adorable. The little treats and cards are so so fun. Those are wonderful and great valentines for Pat. She is going to flip with how many you sent her. Whohoo...

Chriss Blagrave said...

Wow! You have been a busy gal! That "chocolate" frame looks REAL! The groups of cards/goodies you made for your grandkids is spectacular! That group of Valentines for the hospital is such a beautiful collection and will be so much appreciated.
Stay warm, we are expecting some crummy weather tonight.

Anonymous said...

nice article. I would love to follow you on twitter.