Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Paper Pieced Outer Space Birthday Card


Hello everyone!! I wanted to share with you a fun boy's outer space birthday card I made for my littlest Grand and the paper piecing technique that was used !! I love to paper piece because it's so fun for one thing and what a great way to use up patterned paper scraps!!! 


I used the Taylored Expressions Far Out stamp set for all the images and the sentiments.  The first step is to stamp the images on white cardstock...I used Sugar Cube cardstock and Memento Tuxedo Black ink. 


Then the images were stamped on patterned paper scraps...I used the Double the Fun 6x6 paper pack from TE. 


The patterned paper images were all cutout with a pair of sharp scissors and glued onto the stamped cardstock images. 


The robot was cut out with Robots die and the space ship, stars, and planet were cutout by hand.


The card background was created by watercoloring on watercolor paper with a blue ink reinker and the silver "planet" was cut out of Metallic Neutrals cardstock (silver) by hand and embossed with the Snowfall Embossing Folder. The googly eyes were added along with the green face on the space ship.... the mouth on the face was hand drawn. 

This was such a fun project...I think I'll make another one just for grins :) !!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!


Supply List:
Taylored Expressions Stamps: Far Out
Paper: Sugar Cube, Granny Smith, Metallic Neutrals, Double The Fun 6x6 paper pack (TE)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Bashful Blue Reinker (SU)
Accessories: Snowfall Embossing Folder (TE), Googly Eyes (Hobby Lobby), Journaling Pen (Project Life)
Taylored Expressions Dies: Robots, Frame in Frame Cutting Plate



4 comments:

Broni said...

Oh my gosh! This is so cute! And all paper-pieced!! You rock!

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable - what a great card and fabulous paper piecing!!

Patti J said...

Joan, this is so much fun! Your grand will be tickled to get it! Thanks for the smiles 😊 Hope you are well!

Kim S said...

Those stamps are cute to begin with but you've taken them to a whole new level with those fun patterns!!