Sunday, September 6, 2015
Hello everyone!!! Hope all is well with you!! The hubs took me to IKEA today and we bought the new cabinets for my craft room!!! I can't wait till he puts them together...I am having visions of an organized room...LOL!!! Anyway....it's my turn to host this week's Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast and I have a fun one for you....it's called Half On, Half Off. Here are the deets:
1. Stamp one image or a sentiment on your card base along one side.
2. Cut your top layer so it covers part of the base card stamped image.
3. Now, stamp the image again on the top layer (I just eyeballed mine but it's ok to use a stamp positioner if it helps). Your top stamped image will be a partial image since you will see the other half on the bottom card base layer.
4. Align the top layer over the card base image so part of the image is on the bottom card base layer and part of the image is on the top layer... adhere with foam dots or foam tape.
5. On the top layer, color, paper piece, or leave the image unadorned...what ever works. Leave the bottom part of the image on the card base plain without coloring.
6. Remember...use one image on one side, off centered.
My card features the Woodware Stamps Girlfriends set...it was stamped first on the Kraft card base and then again on the watercolored top layer. The sentiment is from the same set and the little umbrella was paper pieced. The enamel dots, washi tape, and twine finish it off.
Thanks for stopping by...have a wonderful day!!!
Paper: Kraft (SU), Watercolor Paper, Sunkissed 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Summer Sun and Pink Passion Reinkers (SU)
Accessories: Washi Tape (Doodlebug), Enamel Dots (Doodlebug), Twine (The Twinery)
Posted by Joan Ervin at 9:23 PM