Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Color Throwdown Challenge #360


Hello everyone and welcome to this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!! Monika is our hostess with the mostess and she picked such a gorgeous inspiration photo and colors: Dark blue, Pink, and Black! I started out making a Halloween card but after 2 hours of trying to make it work, I gave up and dug out my go to flower die. Maybe in a day or two I can pick up the pieces of the Halloween card and finish it or I may toss it in the trash...depends on how much chocolate I've had...LOL!!! Anyway...let me tell you about the card I made for the challenge.



The Taylored Expressions Silhouette Stems 1 die was used to cut the flowers out of Oreo cardstock and they were adhered to the patterned paper. The sentiment and die from the TE Think Happy Thoughts Stamp and Die Combo were used for the divided sentiment.  


The little bit of sewing on the banner and and the black enamel dots finish it off. 

Remember, be sure to add CTD360 to the keywords section when you upload your cards to an online gallery so we can find your creations!! Also, please use #ctd360 and #colorthrowdown on social media sites. 

You will find all the challenge details on the Color Throwdown Blog. 


Check out what the Color Throwdown DT has created for you today!!


Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits

Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Joan Ervin - Stamping With a Passion - that's me!!
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Color
Lori Tecler - Inking a Loud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Vickie Zimmer - Smitten With All Things Stamping
Monika Davis M.A.D Stamper- off this week
Jodi Collins - Stamping a Latte
Kelly Latevola - You and Your Big Dreams - September Guest Designer

Thanks for visiting...have a great day!!!!


Supply List:
Taylored Expressions Stamps: Think Happy Thoughts Stamp and Die Combo
Paper: Oreo (TE), White (PTI), Americana 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles), Sugar Shoppe 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Black Enamel Dots (Doodlebug), Sewing Machine
Taylored Expressions Dies: Silhouette Stems 1



2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Joan. Love the silhouette flowers over the pretty background.

Wanda Cullen said...

I really struggled with my card as well, but I totally LOVE your floral silhouette die against these colors! Gorgeous card!