Sunday, November 30, 2014
Hello everyone!!! Hope you had a great weekend and are ready to do a little stamping!!! Are you up for a challenge??? I'm the hostess for Splitcoast's Technique Lover's Challenge and this week we are going to use up some of those patterned paper scraps that you just can't throw away. My challenge to you is to create a background with scraps of paper....card stock or patterned paper.
1. Use stripes horizontal, vertical, or diagonal
2. Use a patchwork or quilt pattern
3. Use random shapes for an artsy look or a crazy quilt look
4. Use only patterned paper, only cardstock, or mix them up!!
5. Sew the pieces on or glue them...what ever works for you!!
6. Make sure at least half of the background is covered with at least 3 or more different colored or designer papers.
7. Have Fun!!!
My card features left over pieces for Doodlebugs Frosty Friends papers....they were cut in wide and skinny stripes and glued on the white card base. The sentiment is from the Taylored Expressions Sparkle and Cheer set and the TE Poinsettia die set was used to cut the poinsettia out of white and silver card stock. The silver pearls and cording finish it off.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to join the TLC Challenge on Splitcoast!!
Taylored Expressions Stamps: Sparkle and Cheer
Paper: White (PTI), Silver (SU) Frosty Friends 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Cording (JoAnns), Silver Pearls (Hobby Lobby)
Taylored Expressions Dies: Poinsettia
Posted by Joan Ervin at 9:23 PM