Sunday, November 2, 2014
Hello everyone!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend especially with the cooler weather!! We woke up to low 50's this morning and I saw on the news that some of you have snow!!! That puts me in the mood for sitting by the fireplace with a bowl of chile, a cup of cocoa, and creating cards with snow scenes!!! It's my turn to host Splitcoast's Technique Lover's Challenge and I came up with a fun one for you!! My challenge to you is to create a card with reverse side embossing with a die!!
Here are the deets:
1. Place you die on the back side of your cardstock...thin cardstock world great!
2. Run this through your machine using the thinner embossing plate with the embossing pad so the die doesn't cut through the paper.
3. The die will leave the embossed impression on the right side of your paper.
4. Run an ink pad or sponge ink over the impression so it pops.
5. Chalks or watercolors will work, too.
6. You can even cut out the impression and use it as an element for you card design.
I used the Taylored Expressions On Dasher, On Dancer die for this challenge and a piece of Bazzill card stock. After embossing on the back side of the paper, a white ink pad was run over the impression. Tiny snowflakes from the TE Baby It's Cold Outside set were stamped with the same white ink. The little houses and the street lamp were cut with the TE Build a House dies...corrugated cardboard was used for the roofs. The TE Evergreen dies were used to cut the trees and the TE Build a Scene - Rolling Hills dies were used to cut the snow...the TE Snowfall Embossing Folder was used to emboss the snow and the sentiment is from the TE Very Merry stamp set.
Thanks for stopping by.....stay warm and I hope you can join us for this weeks Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast!!!
Taylored Expressions Stamps: Very Merry, Baby, It's Cold Outside
Paper: Sugar Cube, Oreo (TE), Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Old Olive, Always Artichoke (SU), Blue (Bazzill)
Ink: Vintage Cream (PTI), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Taylored Expressions Snowfall Embossing Folder
Taylored Expressions Dies: On Dasher, On Dancer, Build a House, Evergreens, Build a Scene - Rolling Hills
Posted by Joan Ervin at 9:05 PM