Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Hello Summer!


Hello everyone....I know it's summer around here because we are starting to have 90+ degree weather. If I was smart I would take off and go to the beach (Padre Island is about 5 hours south of me) but instead we are staying home to can another 6 gallons of green beans...LOL!!! George also picked about 5 gallons of carrots...I am going to freeze then and use them for soups this winter. He also picked two grocery sacks of different kinds of squash...I am going to take some of them to my ladies church group tomorrow. I'm sure I can find someone to take them off my hands!! Anyway....

I decided to create a beachy themed card (If I can't be there, the next best thing is to make a beachy card, right??). 


The Taylored Expressions Wave Border die was used to create the water and a torn piece of Choice Kraft was used to create the sand. The umbrella from the TE A Day in Paradise stamp set was paper pieced using papers from Echo Park's All About a Boy 6x6 paper pad and Fancy Pants' Down By the Shore 6x6 paper pad. It was cutout and popped up with foam tape. The other Taylored Expressions dies I used include the Little Bits Beach Ball and Sandcastle and the Build a Scene Sunshine and Swirly Clouds. The sentiment is from the TE Little Bits of Summer set and the button with hemp cording is the finishing touch. 

Thanks for stopping by....have a great day!!!
Supply List:
Taylored Expressions Stamps: A Day in Paradise, Little Bits of Summer
Paper: Choice Snow White, Choice Kraft (TE), Real Red, Pool Party (SU), All About a Boy 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park), Down By the Shore 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Button (PTI), Hemp Cording (Hemptique), Sewing Machine
Taylored Expressions Dies: Little Bits Beach Ball, Little Bits Sandcastle, Build a Scene Sunshine, Build a Scene Clouds



6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a cute little scene you created.. such a fun card.. I love it

happy Weekend.. :)

jimlynn said...

CUTE little scene! Makes me want to hit the beach now!
Lynn

Alexia Misso said...

Love it! Love the feel of summer, beautiful!

Tammy said...

I vote to take it all to the church, skip the canning and freezing and hit the beach! Adorable card and super cute die cuts, love the clouds!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fun scene Joan! Love it!! Enjoy the heat...June here has felt like April but finally a beautiful day today! Yay!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun fun card!!!