Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

TLC458 Sparkle and Emboss


Hello everyone!! I hope all my American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving and survived the Black Friday craziness!!! I only went to one store in the afternoon and regretted it the minute I got out of the car...LOL!!! I think I'll do most of my Christmas shopping online....let the UPS man do all the driving for me!!! Anyway....

It's my turn to host the TLC challenge on Splitcoast this week and my challenge is sooo easy yet holds a big punch!! We are going to add a little glitter to embossing powder and emboss an image. It really shows up if you use a lighter embossing powder on darker card stock but use what you have and have fun!!!


My card features the poinsettia stamp from Uniko Studio Stamps called Pure Florals: Poinsettia. It was stamped with Versamark onto poppy parade card stock and embossed with a mixture of opaque white embossing powder and glitter. Another poinsettia was stamped, embossed, and the inner part was cutout and popped up over the first poinsettia with foam tape. The sentiment from the same set was embossed with the same mix and the silver pearls and silver cording finish it off. 

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!!!!

9 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

A truly beautiful creation, Joan. The white embossing with the sparkle really is wonderful!

Tammy said...

Absolutely stunning card! Gorgeous poinsettia!

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! Stunning card!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is so gorgeous Joan!! Love the dimension on your poinsettia flower!! HUGS :)

Beverley said...

WOW WOW WOW! This is stunning. I'd love you to enter it into our current challenge :) Hugs Bev x

Kimberly S said...

This is so beautiful Joan! The embossing really makes the flower's petals pop on that red! hugs Kimberly

Anne Temple said...

This is stunning! I agree with you completely about letting the UPS guy do all the driving.

Maria said...

Wow! The embossed poinsettia is so gorgeous! It makes for one fabulous Christmas card...love it!

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous and stunning Joan! Beautiful dimension and sparkle!!
Hugs
Ellen