Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Cheer




Hello everyone!! I am so excited because I have finished my Christmas decorating, shopping and wrapping...Woot!!!! Now I can concentrate on baking a few things and then I will be ready for our big family Christmas Eve celebration!!! Nineteen ( two of my grands will be at their other grandmas :( ) of us will gather at our home this year..... they all have presents under the tree and goodies in their stockings!! I hope all of you have plans for the holidays, too!!!  Anyway....

I wanted to share some of the Christmas cards I made for our church craft sale...it's always such a challenge for me to create cards that will mail easily since I love to pile on the embellies!! 


This card set features a Gina K. Christmas set called City of David. It was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and matted with black and pool party card stock....retired SU patterned paper was used for the background and the silver pearl and ribbon finish it off. 




An old PSX stamp was used for this set and the sentiment is from a Waltzing Mouse set called Compliments of the Season. 


Versafine Onyx Black was used for both the image and the sentiment, SU flocked paper was used for the background and the ribbon is the only embellishment. 


The last set feature the poinsettia stamp from the Waltzing Mouse set called Poinsettia Bloom...it was stamped with real red and silver pearls were used for the center. 


The Taylored Expressions Lace Chain Border die was used for the scallop, the sentiment is from the Flourishes Christmas Classics set, and the dark gray ribbon is the finishing touch. 

Here is a look at some of the things we have been doing the last couple of weeks.....


My Dad's 91st birthday party.....aren't my parents cute!!!!


Cody's church program....


Practice for Cody's violin concert....


Shopping for and wrapping over 100 presents....yikes!!! Since I took this picture a few more presents have found their way under the tree....Santa sure is a busy little bee!!!!


And here is my sweet little Pumpkin!!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous Holiday!!!!!


9 comments:

JoAnn said...

Wow, you certainly have been a busy lady. I love your cards. The first set is my favorite. Love the image and design. Thanks for sharing.
Have a Blessed Christmas and New Year.

Anne Temple said...

Your card sets are beautiful. Love seeing all the photos too. Merry Christmas Joan!

Tammy said...

I've been missing you! Glad to know you've been a busy Santa's helper! Each set of cards you made are beautiful, I'm sure they were a big hit! Love seeing your pictures especially Pumpkin!

Sasha said...

Such lovely cards and family photos, Joan. You have been really busy and your home looks wonderfully festive.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments. Sorry I've been a bad blogger recently. I am hoping things will improve in the new year and I can get back into creating.

Wishing you and you family a wonderful Christmas...and then a happy and healthy New Year to follow xx

*Vicki* said...

These are all really gorgeous Christmas designs Joan!! Fabulous photos and thanks for sharing! ;)

jimlynn said...

Beautiful cards!!! All are fantastic.
100 presents!!! WOW! I'm coming to YOUR house!
Great photos of all....and very cute parents too Joan! Pumpkin is so adorable and so are the grands! I was so excited when I saw the one at his violin concert. My little 7 year old granddaughter had her violin concert last week. It's a great instrument.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Lynn

Maria said...

Oh, my! You've been a very busy lady with all those presents! Such a sweet photo of your parents and grandson with violin! And, little Pumpkin is so adorable!

Mary Marsh said...

sounds like you had a great Christmas celebration Joan-19 of you all together sounds like such fun-we had 10 on Christmas then 13 on the 27th-Happy New Year my stamping friend

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, Joan!!
The poinsettia set is my fave!!!
Your tree & house looks great!!
Hope your Christmas was tons of fun!!! :)) :))
Xo