TLC Challenge on Splitcoast is all about stripes....I just love striped designer paper but I can never seem to find just the right color combo soooooo.....my challenge to you this week is to make your own striped designer paper!! This is also a good way to use up all those scraps that have a way of building up in drawers and files or on the floor...LOL!!!
1. Cut thin strips of designer paper or cardstock long enough to hang over the background with a paper cutter so you have straignt lines...use what ever you have on hand and in the colors you want for your design. You can make some wider than others to vary the pattern.
2. Score lines on your background paper at 1/2 inch intervals so you will have a straight pattern to follow.
3. Add glue or use score tape on the back of the strips and adhere to the background paper to create the stipe pattern.
4. When dry, trim off the overhanging pieces.
5. You can use a vertical, horizontal, or a diagonal pattern...what ever you like!!
For my card, a diagonal pattern was used...left to right on the bottom layer and right to left on the top layer.The flower image from Layers of Color was colored with copics, cutout, and popped up with foam dots. The sentiment, also from Layers of Color, was tucked under the flower bouquet and the ribbon finishes it off. The colors are kinda blinding but since we are having such an overcast day, I needed to brighten things up!!!
This is also for a few other challenges:
1. Stampalot Challenge - in the garden
2. The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan Challenge - ribbon
3. The Paper Players - flowers
Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!!!