Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pease and Joy


Good morning everyone!! Hope you are all well and happy on this wonderful Saturday morning!! I am going to a church breakfast in a couple of hours....don't know if I can hold off eating till then. I might have to nibble a little cause my stomach is growling already!! It's not used to being abused in the morning...LOL!! Hopefully, I can get my Christmas tree decorated this afternoon and then start wrapping gifts....I can't believe I am ahead of the game this year...Whoohoo!!! Last year I was still buying gifts and wrapping on Christmas Eve....yikes! Anyway... I made this card a couple of days ago...the adorable little Penny Black bird image was colored with copics and mounted on two different mediallion diecuts. The paper is from October Afternoon and Stampin Up!. The sentiment is from Flourishes Christmas Classics set and the Spellbinders diecut snowflake and button with twine finish it off. ...pretty simple but fun to make!!

I made this Christmas card for a few challenges:
1. Bling it On - Christmas
2. Forever Friends Challenge - It's all Christmas
5. Raise the Bar - Christmas

Thanks for visiting...have a great Saturday!! 

19 comments:

Becky said...

Is this not just adorable!! Love the hat and his little stocking. ;)

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Joan! I love the red/blue colour scheme and that bird image is wonderful!!!!
Enjoy your breakfast at the church this morning!
I think I'm going to do our tree today/tonight too!! Fun times!

jimlynn said...

Very pretty card! I really like that squares of patterned paper behind that cute image.
Lynn

Sasha said...

Just adorable, Joan. I love your sweet robin and and those lovely medallion layers.
You're so lucky to be on top of everything Christmassy. I haven't even finished making my Christmas cards:)

Curt in Indy said...

So jealous that you are so ahead. . .but good for you! This card is absolutely adorable. I've not seen this PB image and now I want it! LOL Great paper choice and layout too. Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Melissa said...

Adorable card Joan! I love the layout and your cute little bird! The button and twine are some of my fav things right now. Love to see them in action.

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful bg or sketch..love how there is beautiful paper but lots of white..beautiful card Joan.

Tammy said...

Sweet card for the holidays Joan! Love the DP you used to create the background.

Patti J said...

Joan, this is adorable! I totally love the layout, and that little bird makes me smile - what a cutie! Thanks for sharing :)

darling Ho said...

This is so cute!! Love the CAS style.
Thanks for sharing it at Fairy Tale Challenge this time.
~darling Ho~FTC-DT

patricia said...

what a sweet card thanks for joining the ff challenge this month
patricia

Bianca said...

Your card is so very wonderfull! I love the layout and the so beautifull coloration of your lovely image! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Unknown said...

So SWEET!

Rae said...

Hi Joan, another sweet Christmas card. There are so many nice details to it, too! I love the red button on top of the snowflake...and with a bow! Love that pretty little graphic,on the lacey doilie, too. So cute!

Liz Williams said...

Joan, I love this wonderful layout and that cute image you used on this card. Hope you totally enjoy your holidays and are filled with the spirit of the season.

Lionelsa said...

Gorgeous card!Love the color combination and the sketch :-)

Kimberly S said...

So cute! Love the little bird, and you colored him so nicely. Beautiful DP you chose, and it's such a great layout too! hugs, Kimberly

Pattie G said...

Joan,
This is perfect for our challenge at Pattie’s Creations. Thanks for joining us!
Hugs
Pattie ♥

Laney said...

super card!!
Thanks for joining us at Bling It On this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney