Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chicks, Santa, and Cupcakes!!


Hello everyone....hope all is well in your little corner of the world!!! We are expecting a freeze tonight so we covered all the plants with blankets and tarps. We are supposed to get snow Friday afternoon...Whoohoo!!!! It usually melts the second it hits the ground but it sure is pretty coming down...really gets me in the Christmas mood!! Anyway...
I made this today for the Sketch Challenge on Splitcoast
I used Nutmeg paper by Cosmo Cricket in the background and picked colors from the paper for the Chubby Chickadee images from Clear Dollar Stamps. The chickadees were colored with copics and the blue one in the back row was popped up for a little dimension. I drew the rolling hills and the grass .....since the background layers were so colorful and full of movement, I kept the grass and sky colorless. That way the little chicks were able to stand out. The sentiment is also from CDS's.
Recipe:
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Chubby Chickadee and What a Tweet sentiment
Paper: White, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Prism Island Mist Light
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Button, Twine, EK Success Scallop Punch, Foam Tape


This card was made last Sunday for the Featured Stampers challenge on Splitcoast. I was sooo happy to see CarrollAnne (Mrs. Boz) as the Featured Stamper ...what a delightful gallery!!! I actually picked out 5 cards to case but only had time to make one :(

I cased her Hoot Hoot Hooray card...kept the same kraft card base and the basic layout but changed the stamps to Clear Dollar Stamps Dog Days Celebrations, off set the background drawn on square, added the ribbon, and the red. I really struggle with CAS cards because I always feel they need *just one more thing*
Recipe:
Stamps: Dog Days Celebrations by CDS
Paper: Kraft, White, Chocolate Chop, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Nestabilities, Chocolate Chip Marker, Copics, Ribbon, Dimensionals


I made this card last week for the color challenge on Splitcoast...the colors were Bermuda Bay, Pretty in Pink, and Old Olive. It was also for da Mudder's Teapot Tuesday...check it out on Maureen's blog!!! If we want to come in the front door of the Grand Ole Opry tea party we are to bring a card with any of the following: A rose (or your favorite flower), country song theme, Johnny Cash Theme, or a card for your daughter/mother. I decided to make a card for my DD's birthday (don't tell Holly!!) and will bring lots of cupcakes to the tea party!!! The Clear Dollar Stamps Birthday Celebration cupcake and candles were stamped with the challenge colors and attached to the layers with dimensionals. May Arts silk ribbon, rhinestone flourish, Spellbinders scallop and sentiment label finish it off.

Recipe:
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Birthday Celebration
Paper: White, Pretty in Pink, Bermuda Bay, Doodlebug dp
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive
Accessories: Spellbinders dies, Nestabilities, Ribbon, Rhinestone Flourish, SU Punch
Thanks for visiting today......it's 1:00AM...yikes!!!! I better get to bed...goodnight!!

9 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

Happy Thursday Joan!! What a pleasure coming to your blog and seeing all these wonderful creations! The chickadee card is adorable, love the colors! Your CAS card, fabulous -- I know what you mean about wanting to add more! And your birthday card is so fun and elegant, I love all the elements you put on it! Simply perfect!!!

Linda

Lisa Lara said...

Wow, these are such beauties Joan. I just love your group of chickadees with the sketch. Gorgeous card!!!!

Rose Ann said...

I love the layout, pretty papers, and adorable little birdies on your first card, Joan! The simplicity of your FS card is great, and I love the colors! Wonderful color combo and bling on you cupcake card! I love the sparkle and your fabulous details!! They're all so great!!

Julia Aston said...

three more beauties Joan! your tweet card is just so...... well.... TWEET! hope you got a little bit of rest!!!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh my goodness!!! These are all fabulous!!! I absolutely adore the cupcake (I'm always a sucker for pink!)It's snowing here in Michigan tonight...most people complain, but I LOVE it! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous cards, Joan! I think I like the chicks the best! Too cute!

Tricia T said...

Oh, the chicks are my favorite!!! That is such a cool layout and the colors are great!

Joanne (jojot) said...

saw this on SCS and LOVED it....and now, on second look, I like it even more....love the popped up element

Chrissy D said...

Three FABULOUS cards - the bird card is super tweet - love the santa hat one too! All are great!