Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ways To Use It Challenge-Quick and Easy!



Can you believe I actually made something quick and easy??? Shock!!! That is what Julia cooked up for us on the WT challenge on Splitcoast today. When I read the challenge I thought, ya, right...quick and easy usually means long and hard for me. But, ALAS!! I saw the square medallians sitting on the counter and a light bulb went off...why not stamp something on the metal tag and attach it to the medallian!!! How easy can that be!! The tutorial for the medallians can be found on Taylor's blog and a few posts down from this one on my blog. I used the Rubbernecker snowflake stamp and the ribbon is from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts and Strano Designs. The tag was attached to the medallian with glue dots and I used Cool Caribbean and Riding Hood Red paper and ink.


Thanks for stopping by and now I am off to the post office...stayed up till 2:00 AM to finish my Christmas cards!!!!! Yahooooo!!
EDIT:
Ok, I couldn't stand the plain ornaments so I had to add a little bling. I think the next time I will run the cardstock through the cuttlebug before I use the scallop punch...that should add a little texture. I am going to work on a round one now.

9 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

These are so Cool! Great thinkin' using a metal tag on the medallion!!! The plain ones are cute...love the added bling too!

Kim Meineke said...

How cute! I love the ones with bling!

Stacy Morgan said...

Joan these are a sweet idea, I just saw them on SCS. Great job.

Rose Ann said...

Your ornaments are so pretty, Joan...and I love your added bling!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Joan, these ornaments are beautiful!! Love the bling and bows!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh beautiful Joan! These are wonderful- Great idea too making a frame!!!

Jacquel said...

Cute ornaments Joan! they came out really pretty!!

Cheryl said...

Joan I love these using the scallop punch. I have done that and made gift tags. You have a terrific blog.

Stamp and Smile said...

How wonderful your ornaments!!! I too LOVE the extra bling... Gives such fun sparkle this time of year... Smiles :)