As I was looking throught the Taylored Expressions Pinterest boards for inspiration, I found a gorgeous card by Kendra Wietstock....I absolutely love the blue and green watercolor background with the white flowers!
Sooo....I played around in the craft room yesterday and this is what I came up with...I had a lot of fun but I really made a mess!!! This is what I did:
Supplies: Versamark , clear embossing powder, heat gun, dye ink pads or markers (no copics!), reinkers, or any other waterbased color medium, watercolor paper (you can use white cardstock if you don't have watercolor paper), stencil or a cutting plate diecut or a large background stamp
1. Tape your stencil or diecut to the watercolor paper. Smash your Versamark ink pad to the stencil so the area not covered by the stencil is covered.
2. Remove the stencil or diecut and emboss with clear embossing powder.
If you are using a stamp...stamp with the Versamark onto the paper and emboss with the clear embossing powder.
3. Wet the watercolor paper evenly with a small amount water. You can use a spray or Aqua pen for this step.
4. Using your ink pads or markers, apply color to the paper in random areas.
5. Spritz the color again and let the colors run together. Wipe off the color...if your color is too light, repeat with more color.
6. When you are satisfied with your color, let the paper dry or use a heat gun to dry.
7. Finish your design.
I used a diecut made with the Taylored Expressions Bold Lace Cutting Plate. I began with markers: Yoyo Yellow, Taken With Teal, Not Quite Navy, and Bermuda Bay. When I wiped off the color, it was too light so I spritzed the paper again and used some Distress Ink pads: Evergreen Bough, Crushed Olive, and Mustard Seed. This step resulted in a bolder color combo.
The TE Small Scallop Border die was used for the scallop and the sentiment from the TE Teacup Bouquet set was stamped with Bermuda Bay and the button and cording finish it off.
Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!!
Taylored Expressions Stamps: Teacup Bouquet
Paper: Sugar Cube (TE), Bermuda Bay, Kiwi Kiss (SU), Watercolor Paper (Hobby Lobby)
Ink: Bermuda Bay (SU), Evergreen Bough, Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed (Ranger) , Versamark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Button (SU), Cording (Hemptique), Clear Embossing Powder (Zing), Markers (SU)
Taylored Expressions Dies: Bold Lace Cutting Plate, Small Scallop Border