Sunday, February 1, 2015
Hello everyone!! It's Sunday night and all is well....the Patriots won the Super Bowl and you are either glad or mad. Since my team wasn't playing, I really didn't care who won. I'm sure there are lots of parties going on but for me...I would rather be stamping. How about you?? It's my turn to host the Splitcoast Technique Lover's Challenge and I have a super fun one for you....it's called * The Sentiment Down Under*. Here are the deets:
1. Select a cardbase and a different colored paper for the top layer (either cardstock or patterned paper).
2. Figure out where you want your sentiment on the card base (that's the down under part) and stamp it with ink of your choice.
3. Stamp or decorate your top layer keeping in mind you will be cutting this piece in two pieces.
4. Cut your top layer in half at the point where you stamped your sentiment on the card base. You can use a straight line or curved line...what ever works for your design.
5. Lay your top layers above and below the sentiment to judge how much to trim off the top of the top piece and the botton of the bottom piece. You want them to fit on the cardbase and still have an inch or so opening for the sentiment to show.
6. Adhere the top pieces with foam tape or foam dots so the sentiment is in the *valley*
My card features the tiny rose stamp from WPlus9's Fresh Cut Containers, the leaves from the Spring Blooms set, and the sentiment from Fanciful Feathers. The top peice of white cardstock was cut in a curve so I curved the sentiment on the block before stamping it on the Pistachio Pudding card stock. Pistachio Pudding ink was used for the leaves and Memento LuLu Lavender was used for the roses.
Thanks for stopping by this evening....I hope you will be abls to join us for this weeks TLC challenge on Splitcoast!!!
Posted by Joan Ervin at 9:12 PM