Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

TE Pinterest Inspired

Hello everyone!! I hope you are having a super crafty day today!!! I finally cleaned my craft room enough to clear a path....I can even see the floor...LOL!!!! I hate to get it too clean because I don't want to loose my mojo....yup...clean crafty spaces strip you of all your creativity so a little clutter is good (I read that on the net so it must be true!!) !!!! Anyway....

The Taylored Expressions Baker's Dozen DT was challenged to pick a card or project from the Taylored Expressions Pinterest Boards for inspiration...look at the awesome card that caught my eye!!


Kerri's card:

Wispy Thank You Card by Kerri Michaud #ThankYou, #Cardmaking, #CuttingPlates

This is Kerri's beautiful card that inspired me to pull out my Wispy Wishes set..I just love the peacock feathers!! I really like the circle background, too, so.....


I decided to make a one layer card....The feathers were stamped with memento Danube Blue and Olive Grove and colored with Copics.  The background was sponged lightly using a round diecut negative as a stencil.....I wanted to create a wispy, airy circle.


The twine,  washi tape, and the sentiment from the same set finish it off. 

Thanks for stopping by and thanks, Kerri, for the inspiration!!




Supply List:
Taylored Expressions Stamps: Wispy Wishes
Paper: Choice Snow White (TE)
Ink: Memento Olive Grove, Memento Danube Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Baker's Twine (The Twinery), Washi Tape ( We R Memory)



6 comments:

*Vicki* said...

So gorgeous Joan!! Really love the feather images and your designs look amazing! ;) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Bridie said...

Lovely pastel card

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Hugs from

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Tammy said...

I do believe you are 100% right, clutter is a sign of imagination - we imagine it is clean! Love both your cards, the feathers are beautiful!

Annette Allen said...

pretty cards.. love how you used those feathers..

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful card with such soft pretty colors. Love the peacock feathers.

Jen Shults said...

This is fantastic! That peacock feather stamp set is one of my favorites!