Sunday, May 4, 2014
Hello everyone!!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!! We had another weekend of soccer games, planting flowers, and working in the craft room...life is good!!!
It's my turn to host the Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast this week and I am going to revisit a previous challenge...#336 to Stamp the Sentiment Over the Image. The technique is simple...just stamp any sentiment over your main image. The image can be stamped or colored....what ever flips you skirt!! However, I am going to change it up just a little....this time you can use a diecut sentiment if you want.
Here are a few other variations:
1. You can stamp the sentiment on vellum and than place it over a stamped image.
2. The sentiment can be stamped over a background that has been stamped with a background stamp.
3. You can stamp the sentiment over several stamped images in a collage effect.
4. Stamp the sentiment over a flower stem.
5. Stamp the sentiment over a color blocked background
6. Have fun!!!
For my sample, I used stamps from the Taylored Expressions stamp set called
Wine a Little ...they were stamped on the Choice Snow White card stock with Old Olive, Lavender Lace, and Certainly Celery inks. The sentiment from the same set was stamped with Concord Crush and the sequins, hemp cording, and washi tape finish it off.
Thanks for stopping by....come back tomorrow for day one of the Taylored Expressions May Sneak Peeks...you are going to love all the new goodies!!!!
Taylored Expressions Stamps: Wine a Little
Paper: Choice Snow White (TE)
Ink: Lavender Lace, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Concord Crush (SU)
Accessories: Sequins (Doodlebug), Washi Tape (Doodlebug and We R Memory), Hemp Cording (Hemptique)
Posted by Joan Ervin at 10:39 PM