Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

TLC454 Stamp on the Sticky!!


Hello everyone....I have been playing around with some Crystal Effects and came up with a fun challenge for this weeks Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast....it's called Stamp on the Sticky!

Here are the deets:

For a background: 
1. Use a brush or your finger to add just a drop or two of water to a quarter size amount of Crystal Effects/Glossy Accents/or even Elmer's Glue
2. Spread the *sticky stuff* on your cardstock and let dry just a little....it really needs to be a little wet to work but not soppy wet.
3.Use a dry background stamp (I used a retired Stampin Up! stamp called Weathered) and  dry stamp on the slightly wet stick stuff (no ink). The stamp will indent into the sticky stuff and leave an image. (Clean the stamp right away!!)
4. Use a heat tool to completely dry the paper. 
5. Now, use a damp cloth to pick up a little ink and rub over the paper and then wipe it off. (I used white ink on a dark blue background...my background now looks like frost. 
6. You can use a darker ink for a distressed look or use the same color ink as the paper for a subtle change. 
7. You can also try this over a stamped image or a colored image....you will have to experiment with different coloring mediums on scratch paper to make sure it doesn't run the colors. 
8. I hope you can come play with us...I would love to see what your create!!!!


I used several stamp sets for my sample card: the snowflake stamp from Paper Smooches Swanky Snow Dudes set, the sentiment from the Stampin Up Beautiful Season set, the polar bear stamp from the Stampendous Polar Path set, and the retired SU background stamp called Weathered.  The background paper is Brilliant Blue, the polar bears are colored with Copics, and the punched snowflake, button, and twine finish it off. 

Thanks for stopping by...have a wonderful day!!!!

11 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a fun festive card- and love the technique too- I like the way the snowflakes pop from the BG. Loving the cute image too!

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,love the image and gorgeous papers.xxx

Sasha said...

Your card is adorable, Joan! Beautifully created, as always!

Sorry it's been so long, I haven't been creating/blogging for a while xx

Anonymous said...

Joan ~~ this is so creative and fun!! :) :) I love all of the blue!! My little helper (who is helping me today) said that your background looks like Eric Carle's sky from his books. :) :) Great job !! xo

Maria said...

What a darling card with a wonderful technique! Love the background and those sweet polar bears! Thank you for the tutorial!

Anne Temple said...

Beautiful card and what a fun technique. I definitely want to try it.

Julia Aston said...

Hi Joan! love this fun looking technique - a frosty cool winter card!

Beverley said...

Super cute & my fave colours too. Hugs Bev x

Linda Palmer said...

Awesome technique and beautiful card. I love your darling image and card.

jimlynn said...

Looks like a fantastic technique! LOVE this bright and fun card.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Beautiful card for the holidays! Love their hats!