Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Birthday Wishes



Hello everyone!!! I hope you are enjoying this beautiful Saturday morning!!! I had such a wonderful day yesterday...I got to play in the craft room for a couple of hours!!! That made up for the fact that I went to the dentist on Thursday and  found out I cracked a tooth....the root canal in next Tuesday.  What a bummer considering my knee replacement was a little over 2 weeks ago....when it rains it sure does pour!!! The good thing is that I will have to live on chocolate shakes for a couple of days...oh darn...LOL!!!! Anyway....on to my card....

I had the cardstock, Die-namics die cut trim, and punched out hearts sitting on my counter so I played a liittle with the design and tadaaa....this is what I came up with. The sentiment is an old Stampin Up! stamp...it must be over 10 years old and the pearl flourish, button, and twine finish it off. I have several birthdays in May so this will be sent off soon!!

Thanks for stopping by....I will be sitting down to the computer later on today to visit all my blogging friends. It has been a while because it's still painful to sit with my knee bent.....thanks to everyone for all the prayers, hugs, and well wishes!!!!!

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous!!! Love those Spring colors. So pretty!
Lynn

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful card Joan! So sorry to hear about the root canal...ouch! hugs
Kimberly

Tammy said...

Oh no, not chocolate shakes!! Your card is sunny and bright, love the color combo! Please take it easy with your knee, don't overdo!

Linda Palmer said...

This card is stunning! I love everything about it. So sorry you are having the dental problems on top of the recovery from the surgery. You are in my prayers.

Jamie Martin said...

Such a pretty card, love those colors :)

Ellen Taylor said...

That's smart Joan....get all the yucky stuff over and done with at the same time, leaving the good times that much sweeter! Have a chocolate shake for me! Fabulous card! The flourished heart is such a pretty addition to your fab card!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Very nice Joan. I love the font on the sentiment too. Karen.x

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful my friend!!!

Hope that your knee is getting better and you're on the road to recovery! Sorry to hear about your tooth!! Root canals aren't fun BUT the pain of a cracked tooth is much worse ;)

Sasha said...

Sorry I've been missing for a while, Joan. I hope you're managing to get around a bit more now and that your starting to feel the benefits of your knee op'.
Your card is gorgeous!...love the colours and so beautifully created xx

Shari said...

Very pretty, love the hearts.

Anne Temple said...

This is such a sweet birthday card!