Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Thank You


Good morning everyone....hope all is well with you!!! I have been gone the last few days.....I went to the Dallas area to visit my niece. We did all kinds of fun things including going to a fancy movie theater that had cushy recliner seats and they even serve you a meal!!! Pretty fancy smancy...LOL!!!  I'm back home to the real world now where no one serves me a meal but me!! I did get in the craft room today to create a couple of cards for the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog. This is my last week as the March Guestie....I wanted to thank the owner, Korin, and the DT coordinator, Janette,  for inviting me to play with them this month and to use their wonderful stamps!! Check out my post here!!

This card features diecut birds from the Birds and Feather Die set,  and stamps from the Wildflower set and the Thank You sentiment from the Butterfly Flourish set. The wildflowers and sentiment were both stamped on the Bo Bunny C'est La Vie dp and the piercing was done with a sewing machine. The twine and button are the finishing touches.

This CAS Thank You card was created with the Nature Silhouettes 2 set. The rock and roll technique was used on the feathers using Pool Party and Not Quite Navy inks. The sentiment is from the Butterfly Flourish set and the twine finishes it off.

Have you been watching Dancing with the Stars?? Do you have a favorite?? I haven't picked a fav yet but I always like Derick...he is sooo cute and always fun to watch!! Anyway...have a great day!!! Be sure to roll on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy blog and check out all inspiration from the DT!!!



14 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful card Joan,love the design and fab image.xxx

Annette Allen said...

wow both of these are amazing.. love those birds..

Lynn McAuley said...

More beautiful things to create with my new stamps!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration, Joan!!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wonderful cards and love the scene on the first one and the feathers with the bird on the second. Glad you had fun at the movies, my problem is going back to the other theater :).

Tenia Nelson said...

What gorgeous cards!!

VanessaB said...

fantastic cards. I really love the 2nd one- gorgeous colors!

Linda Palmer said...

The piercing really makes the first card POP! Love them both, I love birds. I also like how you used just the greens and black on the first one and love the turquoise on the second.

Anonymous said...

WOW a theatre that serves a meal? That is snazy!! Was it a movie theatre, or like a playhouse?

I love the feathers on your second card its a wonderful CAS card and the top one is so adorable!!

jimlynn said...

Joan, those birds against that DP are wonderful!! Sensational card! Love the second on with all the feathers too! Two fabulous cards.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Both cards are beautiful but I love, love the feather card, absolutely gorgeous! Glad you had a good time and safe travels!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh girl, both of these are gorgeous! Love them!!! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous thank you cards. Really like how the blues pop on the second one.

Ellen Taylor said...

These are both fabulous Joan! I especially love the gradient of colors on the feathers! Glad you got away! We, the ones that serve the meals need a little fancy schmancy service every now and then! You deserve it!
Hugs

Dianne said...

Hey how did I miss this beauty's, I love birds, the first with the silhouettes is gorgeous, and the stamped on is fabulous too love the colors, thanks for sharing sweety..