Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

You Mean the World to Me!!!


Hello everyone....how is your holiday weekend going so far??? Just think...most of you won't have to get up in the morning...you can sleep till noon and play in your craft space all day...Whoohoo!!!! That's what I would like to do but I have got to clean my dirty house first!!! Anyway....a strange thing happened to my blog this weekend. Blogger sent me an email stating that I had lots of activity on my blog so they needed to verify me by asking me to send them my phone number. At first I thought it was a hoax so I kinda ignored it....well, guess what...they deleted my blog!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!! I wasn't on the computer for a couple of days so I didn't realize it was gone till today!! I found the email, sent them my phone number and they fixed it after they gave me a code to submit. How weird is that??????? Has this happened to any of you??? Oh well, it's all better now!!!

I did have a chance to play a little today....the super sweet and oh, sooo talented Ellen Taylor sent me this beautiful JustRite stamp set called Kindness for my birthday (which was in May) and I wanted to make a special card just for her....it's a little late, Ellen, but ya know I love ya, Sistah!!!!!!
An embossing folder by Life Style Crafts was used in the background and lots of tiny pearls were added. A Spellbinders leaf die was used for the leaves and the flowers, twine, and the stick pin finish it off.

This is for a few challenges:
1. The Ribbon Girl Blog - pearls
2. Stampin for the Weekend - pearls and swirls
3. Dream Valley Challenge - something old (the flowers) and something new (the embossing folder)
4. Great Impressions - sentimental journey
5. No Matter Which Challenges - die cuts and/or punches

Thanks for stopping by...enjoy the rest of your Labor Day weekend!!!!

24 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

Holy schmoly Joan! Absolutely drop dead stunningly gorgeous! From the colors to the pearls and cameo! Beautifully done!

Michelle L. said...

this is just beautiful! Love all those pearls.

Tammy said...

Beautiful Joan! Love it's simplicity, elegance and soft color.
I know of a couple bloggers that had the same experience, scary!

Dawn Easton said...

I was going to email you yesterday to ask what happened to your blog!!! I visit daily and thought it was odd. Glad it's fixed now!!

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love the embossing and those little itty bitty pearls you added! Not sure if I have a lot of those but I SO want to CASE this. Hope I have some flowers too....haha! Stunning my friend!

Denise Marzec said...

Sooooooo glad to see your blog is back...we were worried about you. I LOOOOOVE this card. The black and yellow is such a lovely color combo and I love those big pretty flower embellishments!

Debbie said...

This is absolutely stunning! I saw that the blog was removed and was concerned about you and was trying to figure out how to contact you. I replied to a comment you left on my blog, but wasn't sure you would be able to see that. Glad it's all cleared up!!!!!! and welcome back :)

Unknown said...

Ooooh! What a stunner!! I adore black and yellow together...gorgeous!!!

Jenny said...

Wow! I am so happy to have found you Joan! Your card is simply stunning! Love the flowers and the embossed background! I shall be your newest follower :)

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Great Impressions Stamps Joan!
I would love it if you would join us on our charity blog hop to benefit The Ronald McDonald House! Please check out this link for details...

http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2012/08/great-impressions-customer-hop.html

Hugs,

Jenny

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous!! Love that embossed background with the pearls added.
I would have ignored that email too. Glad you got your blog back though.

Basslady said...

wow! what a work of art! so noble and elegant! love it, hun!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

jimlynn said...

Glad you got your blog back! Scary!

Love this beautiful card - the colors, pearls, flowers.....everything!
Lynn

Kimberly S said...

Wow, how scary to have your blog disappear that way! Glad you got it fixed, but what a shock that must have been.

Your card is beautiful, and I am really loving the color combination and the beautiful sentiment! hugs, Kimberly

Linda Palmer said...

This is such an elegant card. I love this beautiful creaation. Way to go Joan! Always giving me such great ideas.

Kendra said...

Absolutely lovely elegant card! Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley!

Anonymous said...

Oh snap!! This is really stunning Joan!! I love the elegant design! :)

Mary Marsh said...

this card is stunning Joan-love the ef you used and all the pearls-I wondered what happened to your blog-I tried to visit the day you posted for the ctd challenge and I got some crazy message about the blog not found-glad you're back

Shelly Schmidt said...

Holy Guacamole- well Happy Birthday (belated) and what a gorgeous card! Love the beautiful flowers and what a fun sentiment and layout. Wow!

Erin said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the layered flowers and the beautiful color combination. Thanks for playing with us a Great Impressions Stamps!

Mummylade said...

gorgeous creation. So glad you joined us at Stampin for the Weekend and good luck!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Stunning card. Love the color choice. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

So elegant!!! Thanks for sharing in No Matter Which’s *Die Cuts/Punches* challenge and good luck !

Hugzzz

Tammy, NMWC DT at Créations LaDiva :) xx

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous flowers, lovely card.Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl September card challenge ‘to add pearls’ Mary G x

Sue from Oregon said...

This is stunning and oh so striking Joan! Lovely framed sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at the Great Impressions blog challenge!
♥ Sue Kment

Shawna said...

This is STUNNING Joan, simply stunning!!! I am having a lot of fun this afternoon catching up on my favorite blogs. I don't always comment but I do read your blog!!!