Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Stamp the Sentiment Over the Image"

Hello everyone....it's my turn to host the TLC challenge on Splitcoast and I have a real easy one for you this week!!! I just love the look of the sentiment as the main image and it looks sooo pretty and elegant to stamp the sentiment over an image soooo......We are going to "stamp the sentiment over the image"!!
You can use lighter ink to stamp the the image...the Rubbernecker diamond patterned stamp from their Paris 1908 #SKU-527 set was stamped with Cool Caribbean, the damask image from the Opera #SKU-575 set was stamped with Going Gray and the sentiment called Amazing Grace #SKU-582-18 was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.
The background paper is from Graphic 45's Once upon a Springtime dp, the leaves were diecut from PTI's Everyday Blessings dp with a Spellbinder's leaf die and the My Favorite Things rolled flower die was used to cut the felt flower. Lace, sewing, and a black pearl finish it off.
Recipe: Stamps: Rubbernecker
Paper: White, Black, Once Upon a Springtime dp by Graphic 45, Everyday Blessings dp from Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Going Gray, Soft Sky
Accessories: Felt, Flower Die-namics from MFT, Spellbinders Leaf Die, Black Pearl, Lace, Stampin Up! Scalloped Border Punch, Nestabilities, Sewing Machine


I have a couple of vairations for you as long as the sentiment is the main image:
1. You can stamp the sentiment on vellum and than place it over a stamped image.
2. The sentiment can be stamped over a background that has been stamped with a background stamp.
3. You can stamp the sentiment over several stamped image in a collage effect.
4. Just go with it and have fun!!!

This is also for a few other challenges:
1. Paper Creator's Craft Challenge - flowers
2.Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - monochromatic
3. Mami Doodles - flowers
4. Pattie's Creations Design Challenge - stitching faux or real
5. The Stamp Man Challenge Blog - stitching

Thanks for visiting....have a wonderful week!!!

28 comments:

Patti J said...

I love that look too, Joan! Beautifully done, my friend - thank you for sharing :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

So pretty- the sentiment is wonderful and how pretty is that floral spray! Maybe I will go visit my crafting room!

Francie G. said...

This is just beautiful, Joan! Love this tech! Hopefully I will get to play tomorrow! Great challenge!

Becky said...

I just commented on this card over there :), I played for the very first time. This is gorgeous, beautiful colors.

Pati said...

Very pretty, I love how you stamped the sent. over a stamped background, very cool effect and great pattern to compliment to the striped paper. Love the colors too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and I love, love its color.

Carole of Brum said...

So elegant, Joan, and your sentiment is beautiful on top of the background image. Love that you've gone for a monochrome look too, it's all very classy. CoB

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so soft and pretty. I love everything about your card, the sentiment over the background and the paper to the flower and lace. Love it.

Rae said...

Hi Joan, I know I have missed a ton of your fabulous cards doing "summer stuff" as well as dealing with some internet issues. I'm fresh back from a CK Convention at Valley Forge, PA. It was very interesting! I'm gonna backtrack some on your blog. Your card today is gorgeous, as always. Love the color, love the design and love your sentiment!

Jodi Collins said...

What a GORGEOUS look Joan! This card is STUNNING!

debbie said...

Love your colors and that beautiful felt flower!

jimlynn said...

Another stunning card! Just beautiful and that color is wonderful!
Lynn

Jacquel said...

This is a beautiful card Joan! I love the colors & your layout...excellent work as always my friend & TFS!!!!

Mary Marsh said...

wow joan this is a beautiful card-love the soft colors you used-your felt flower is awesome

downrightcrafty said...

oh totally gorgeous creation, just love it, thank you for sharing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.
Hugs Kate xxx
PS I have new candy if you are interested.

Unknown said...

This is really pretty, love the flower.
Thank you for joining us at Paper creator`s crafts

CraftyGals Blog said...

Hi Joan lovely, lovely card, and thankyou for joining in at Paper Creator Crafts :)
Could you just pop on over to Paper Creator Crafts and change your link as you have linked to Split Coast stampers lol thankyou

CGs

xxx

C said...

Gosh...that's gorgeous! Love that sentiment, it's so elegant. Your rolled flower...yum!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Very pretty Joan!
Thanks for playing in our 'STITCHING' Challenge #27!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow do I love your color!!! Gorgeous flower too hun!! ;)

Curly said...

Wow this is one visually stunning card I love the colour theme and the rose is just gorgeous,

Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 145 Monochromatic
I hope you join us again next week,

I also have a little bit of Calorie free Candy if you are interested

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful card Joan. I love the colour and the sentiment as the focal point, particularly with it being stamped over the pattern beneath. I think my most favourite part has to be the beautiful rolled flower - I love it.
Thank you for sharing this with us at The Stamp Man and joining in with our stitching challenge. It's lovely to see you.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Curt in Indy said...

Joan, this is stunning. The first word that came to mind when I saw the card come up was "peaceful". The color is beautiful. I love the sentiment as the focal point. I don't have that many sentiments, so I normally don't do a card like this, but this is amazing. Beautiful work and a great challenge. Best, Curt

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card - love the colours you have chosen too Thanks for sharing at The Stamp man challenge x Janetx

Karen said...

This is so very pretty! I love the colours you have used. Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts for our "Say It With Flowers" Theme. Karen. (Head DT.)

Joanne (jojot) said...

LOVE the colors......fabulously elegant

Pattie G said...

Joan,
This is so beautiful! I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs
Pattie ♥

Trinh said...

This is gorgeous, Joan! I love the colors & that lovely flower. Thanks for playing in a MD challenge!