Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gotta Love Trees

Good morning everyone....I hope you are having a great Saturday!! Two of my grandkiddos stayed with me last night...they stayed up late last night so I will have a little peace and quiet for a while this morning...I'll be surprised if they get up before 10:00!!
Thursday's Ways to Use It Challenge on Splitcoast was to use trees. It took a couple of days to get this uploaded since Blogger has been wonkey for the last 2 days!! I stamped Rubbernecker's Flourish Tree with Old Olive on vanilla cardstock and added the aqua butterflies. The seam binding was looped around the Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Square and the bow, button, and twine finish it off.
Recipe:
Stamps: Rubbernecker Flourish Tree
Paper: Vanilla, Old Olive
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: Seam Binding, Button, Twine, Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Square, Dotted Swiss Embossing Folder


I just had to make another tree card...this one using Bo Bunny dp, Nestabilities foliage die, Webster's Pages Bloomers, sentiment from Rubbernecker's Scruffs, Scraps, and Stains set, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, pearls, sewing, twine, and lace....whew...that's a lotta stuff...LOL!!! Distressing on the image layer and the leaves was done with Ranger Vintage Photo and the tree was stamped with Baja Breeze.

Thanks for stopping by today...I will come see you later today when the Grands go home. Have a great Saturday!!!!



15 comments:

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you used the seam binding so creative and it looks perfect on this!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Both cards are so pretty and love that you used the same image but it looks so different. Loving the ribbon through the Nestie. Have a great time with your grandkids, how fun and it is so beautiful out, well also you have all those fun things with the chicks going on at your place.

Crystal said...

Joan WOOOWEEEE these are both absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I SOOOO LOVE how you did your ribbon on the first one sooo beautiful!!! Gorgeous work hun, Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Becky said...

These are gorgeous Joan!! Awesome ribbon creation.

Tammy said...

What a beautiful image! I love both the cards and the ribbon treatment and flowers are lovely. Awesome cards!

Lori said...

Both versions of the tree are fantastic! Love the ribbon threading, and the cute butterflies.

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Joan, wow love the cards! just stunning!!

Shirley said...

Wow, Joan, I love both. I really need that Fleur De Lis set...And the second card is so creative too! Love the flower and those leaves and butterflies!!

Linda Palmer said...

Love your beautiful frame with the ribbon woven thru it. Love the colors on this one too.

I also love the soft colors and the turquoise and pink on the second card. This one has some beautiful flowers on it. Great job on both cards.

debbie said...

so, so gorgeous! both of them but I especially love the colors in the top one :)

Bev J. said...

Pretty, but I especially like the second one-love the colors.

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwww, girl, these are awesome, too! I love that tree image and how you threaded the ribbon on the first one. Awesome use of that vine die on the second, too. I'm trying to use mine more.

Rae said...

Love your tree, love your ribbons...my internet has been acting up again, and I knew I was missing some great cards on your blog!

Kimberly S said...

These are both amazing Joan! Love the color combinations, the fun layouts, and how different the same stamp can look! Just gorgeous. :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

love the tree AND the wraparound ribbon...gorgeous....the butterflies are fab as well