Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I've Gone Shabby Today!!

Hello everyone....I was up early creating away this morning!! I got these awesome looking Primas the other day and really wanted to do something vintagey. I also had the 5x7 Kraft diecut card from Creative Cuts & More sitting on my counter so the wheels started turning!! The Ways to Use It Challenge on Splitcoast today is to use a bug or insect on a card or project....I went the easy route and added the punched butterfly!! The Cotton Scrap from Crafty Secrets was sewn around the edges and frayed, layered on Really Rust, and adhered with dimensionals. The Primas, lace, pearl flourish, and the punched butterfly were added for a shabby chic look. The sentiment is from the Spring has Sprung set by Rupa Shevda for Gina K. Designs.
Recipe:
Stamps: Spring has Sprung by Rupa Shevda for Gina K. Designs
Paper: Really Rust, Kraft cardbase from Creative Cuts & More
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Prima Flowers, Lace, Crafty Secret's Cotton Scrap, Pearl Flourish, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Pearls, Sewing Machine, Mulberry Leaves

Thanks for visiting today...we are off to the movies with 3 Grandkiddos!! Have a great day!!!

14 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this shabby chic creation Joan! SO romantic and BEAUTIFUL!!!

Crystal said...

WOWZA Joan I LOVE those flowers, bling,and that gorgeous lace!!! Soooooo beautiful!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh how romantic looking Joan! You've combined all the accents so beautifully! Very shabby and gorgeous!

Joanne (jojot) said...

shabby chic looks fabulous ....very feminine and fine

Kimberly S said...

Shabby, and you've still managed to make it look so pretty! lol Beautiful work Joan! :)

Jerri Jimenez said...

Well I absolutely love shabby Joan! This is gorgeous!!!

Anne Harada said...

Seriously gorgeous Joan and I'm loving those fabric primas and your swirly perlies!! Stop it!! I don't have any more money!!!

Holly said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVE those fabric flowers and this kraft card base! You rocked this shabby chic look!!!

Becky Voth said...

What a beautiful card!
:) Becky, CC&M

Julia Aston said...

How very shabby Joan! I have real trouble creating this look - but you are a pro here! love that draped lace ribbon, the flourish pearls and those super flowers! nice job on this - have a super weekend GF! (Dave at RN says hi! He spoke glowingly of you when I saw him at the show last week!)

Carla said...

Great job, Joan! This is beautiful!

Denise Marzec said...

That's what I call BEAUTIFULLY shabby, girl! The lace, the pearls, textured flowers....seriously GORGEOUS!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful.... shabby indeed!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful.. I love those primas.. This card flows so nicely. Great job.