Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009



Hello everyone...hope you are having a wonderful Monday!! We went to see the new Harry Potter movie on Saturday...it was kinda long and not very exciting. Maybe they are saving all the excitment for the last one!! Anyway...

I made a couple of cards for Splitcoast's Friday Night VSN challenge night....I am not a fast stamper so finishing a card in 45 minutes was kinda stressful but fun!! The first challenge was to use a hole punch in a new way. I had to cover up some of the holes I made for the bubbles with bling because I ripped the paper.....way to go grandma!!! I colored the Rubbernecker images with copics and colored the water with chalks. Ribbon is the only other embellishment on this one layer card. If I had more time I would have popped the fish and some of the coral but that's for another day!!



Recipe:
Stamps: Rubbernecker
Paper: White, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Chalk, Copics, Bling, Punch, Ribbon




The second challenge was a color challenge to use pink, green, white, and black. I stamped the Botanical Bloom image with Versamark and embossed with white ep. A tiny black pearl was added to the center and a pink silk ribbon finishes it off.

Recipe:

Stamps: Botanical Blooms
Paper: White, Prism Baby Pink Medium, Frosted Mint, Provo Craft dp
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: White ep, Nestabilities, May Arts Silk Ribbon, SU Scallop Punch, Black Pearl





Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast is a color challenge: turquoise, orangs, and yellow. When I saw the challenge colors, I knew right away what paper I wanted to use but it took me quite a while to find it...I just love this Pink Paislee paper pack called Vintage Moon...the owl was the perfect color. Turquoise flowers with orange and yellow rhinestones were added to the branches and the Unity Stamps sentiment from the July KOM finishs it off. I did add black pearls to the owl's eyes for a little dimension.




Recipe:
Stamps: Unity July KOM
Paper: Pink Paislee dp, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Flowers, Rhinestones, Black Pearls, Nestabilities, Dimensionals
Thanks for visiting today....have a great day!!!


15 comments:

Crystal said...

Joan these are all soooo fabulous!!! I love the scene you did with the fishy with the bling for bubbles....and the other two...Love the colors of the second one and gorgeous bow and of course I just LOVE that owl!!! I hope you are having a great Monday!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh Roomie! What fantastic cards. I love that fishy one -so colorful and fun!! That owl card is the mack-daddy!! AND that soft pink card is full of ..oooh and aaahhs!!

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are awesome!!! tfs!!

Joanne Travis said...

What an awesome assortment of cards!!
We saw the new HP too and loved it. Can't wait for the conclusion but I'll be a little sad too that it's over.

Rose Ann said...

I love your challenge cards, Joan!! The colors are very pretty on your fish card, and I love the bling bubbles! Your floral card is very pretty, and I love your big bow!! Super cute owl card too!!

Connie M. said...

Oh Joan, these are all so wonderful! I did not get to play this weekend, but they sure looked fun!

Barbara said...

All of these cards are beautiful, Joan! I really love the fish --- the colors are beautiful! You work so well will so many different styles of stamps and media.

Barb

raindropecho said...

These cards are great! Don't you just love Rubbernecker stamps? Love the bright colors that you've used on your owl card, too. Job well done :D
- Ann

Joanne (jojot) said...

what wonderful bright, festive colors you used on your creations today......happy cards

Norine said...

of course love them all and the fish & gems awesome
Hugs
Norine

Jacquel said...

These are all so cute Joan and the designs are awesome on each one!

I actually liked the Harry Potter movie even with the sad ending....it was kind of long though!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What gorgeous creations Joan!! Love the dimension on the first. Love how you used the dew drops as bubbles!

JulieA said...

Wow, another big batch of wonderful cards! I just love your fish card with all of the pretty corals and water. Beautiful! And the other two are really cute, too. How did you do all of that???!!! WTG GF!

Susan said...

Great cards! They all came together very nicely!

Anne Harada said...

My talented friend you just always out do your own self!! I don't know how you come up with so many creative and perfectly embellished creations!! Love all 3 of these, the coloring on your fish is fantastic!!

Left a little something for you on my blog GF!

Hugs,
Anne