Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Saturday!!



Good morning everyone!!! It's going to be a great day today!! We have had two days of rain which we needed sooo badly!!! I still have Grandbabies here and my DH went fishing so looks like the boys and I will be stamping together today!! I stayed up till 2AM this morning to finish my Inspiration Challenge card....guess who got up at 6:30??? My DGS Gabe....all week he has been sleeping in till 8:00 or so but the one day I want to sleep in he's up....go figure!!! Anyway....enough whining!!!

I decided to do something waaaaaay out of my comfort zone for the IC challenge on SCS...use browns and black!!! This is the candle I chose to draw my inspiration from. The background was done first by stamping the Clear Dollar Stamps Picket Fence with Versamark and embossing with clear ep. Then the color was applied to the background by smearing Ranger Distress inks Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap on a craft sheet, misting with water, and running the white cardstock through the watered down colors. This is Sherry's (BadSherry) favorite technique and I learned it from her!! I then misted it with a mixture of Perfect Pearls and water and dried it with a heat tool. The CDS's Song Bird Silhouettes and branches were stamped with Archival Jet Black and embossed with clear ep. The branches from the CDS's Silhouette Wishes set and the script stamp from CDS's March Flower of the Month set were stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. The sentiment from CDS's Elegant Flourishes set was stamped with Archival Jet Black and embossed with clear ep. The brown crocheted blossom and the button with twine threaded through the holes finished it off. This is also for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenge to thread something and the DDC challenge from 2 weeks ago (I'm just a little late!!) hosted by Beverly (beestamper) to make a one layer card with one *bump*. You can still join in the DDC challenge because there is no time limit...just add DDC to the keywords section of the upload so we can find your cards!!


Thursday's Ways to Use it challenge on SCS was to use frames...altered frames, chipboard frames, paper frames...anything goes!!

I have had this chipboard frame for a while and decided to use it along with the old retired Stampin Up! set called Honey Bear. I also made this for the Stampin B's first challenge to use bees on a card. The images were all stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with copics. The frame was covered with some PTI dp and the SEI ribbon was the only embellie...gasp!!!! I stamped the bear twice and popped the head and arm holding the honey pot and used the Stampin Up! scallop punch for the edges.








The closeup shows the head and arm popped up...I love how this adds so much dimension!! The edges of the frame were distressed with a sanding block. Clouds were sponged onto the background with my handy dandy homemade cloud template from Mothermark's awesome tutorial.













I made another frame card this time using my Nestabilities Label 1 dies to cut the frames. The image from Rubbernecker's Fashion Icon 455 set was stamped with Archical Jet Black and embossed with clear ep. It was then colored with copics, covered with Glossy Accents, and dusted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The frames were cut with the Label 1 Nesties and K&Co. glitter paper and attached with dimensionals. The finished size of the card was 4" x 4".










The sentiment, from the same set, bling, clip, and May Arts Ribbon finish it off.

I may need a few of these drinks when my DGS's return to their Daddy's house!!!


Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

17 comments:

Laurie Wilson said...

Wow, what a gorgeous collage card Joan! I really like the vintage and antique look of it! The little bear card is adorable to, so sweetly colored in! What a fun drink card as well! All fabulous designs!

Joanne (jojot) said...

that IC card is gorgeous....wonderfully vintage in feel...and rich, regal, beautiful....and, the others are fabulous too,...tfs

jacque4u2c said...

Luvin' all of these gorgeous colors!

Connie M. said...

Wow! Your inspiration is breath taking!! Love your frame cards too!

Stamp and Smile said...

I LOVE all 3 cards Joan! Your fist one is so "cool" with the detials you put into it... sure worth staying up for!! :) And the 3rd card looks like a Apple Tini... yummy! Have a great time with the GrandBabies!! Smiles... :)

Libby Hickson said...

I can completely relate to kids waking up too early on the days you REALLY want them to sleep later! Love all of these cards - but especially the first one, it's GORGEOUS!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Your 1st card is gorgeous, the honey bear adorable and the coctail card is tempting! My 5 & 6 yr. old grandkids have been bickering most of the day so I could use a refreshing relaxing drink about now! Their Mom is delayed at work and their Dad is on deployment with the Navy in the Central America area for 4 mos. You can sure tell they need him their behavior shows it! I love the grands but am so glad when they go home.

Jacquel said...

All your cards are fab Joan! The first one may have been outside your comfort zone but it's turned out great!! The bear is totally adorable & the color scheme on the third one is wonderful! Awesome work & tfs!!!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh my goodness, Joan!!! All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! These are all BEAUTIFUL! Glad you're having fun with your grandkids :)

Denise Marzec said...

Wowie, girl, you've been busy! These are alllll GREAT looking cards!!

Betty Wright said...

JOAN!!!! I came by to comment on the gorgeous card that I saw at SCS earlier today, and I get three stunning cards to see!!! They are all fabulous!!!! Great work!!! YOU have been very busy!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

These are all great! I love the richness with the birds and creative job with the fence. The bear bee is just too cute! I like the sparkle around the framing of the drink, and the greens are perfect! you were busy tll 2 am... And they never sleep in when you want them to. lol

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Joan, your first card is exquisite Joanne!! LOVE the colors and arrangement of images!! The second is just so darling and charming, and the third is just so fun!! What a mixture of styles, and all so fabulous!!

Broni said...

Good grief, girlfriend! You've been busy! You definitely should venture out more often, cause your first card is amazingly beautiful!! Love the cute little honey bear on the second and that lime green and black color combination (with shimmer) on the third is gorgeous!!

Judi M said...

Hi, Joan -- This is the first time I've seen your blog. I just have to say that I love your work. Beautiful.

Jerri Kay said...

All three of these cards are over-the-top fabulous Joan, I adore that bear!

Anonymous said...

Gosh Joan!! What fabby creations!! They are all gorgeous!! ;) I remember that stamp set...I'm so amazed with how you've used it!! Stunning details on each card!! TFS! :)